Stories and Jokes

This blog is for stories of how some of our Universal Life Church ministers are using their ministries and also a collection of amusing and clean religious jokes to make you smile.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Gifts for Mother!


           MAMA'S BIBLE


           Four brothers left home for college, and they became
successful doctors and lawyers.

           One evening, they chatted after having dinner together.
They discussed the 80th birthday gifts they were able to give their
elderly mother who moved to Florida.

           The first said, "You know I had a big house built for Mama."

           The second said, "And I had a large theater built in the house."

           The third said, "And I had my Mercedes dealer deliver an
SL600 to her."

           The fourth said, "You know how Mama loved reading the
Bible and you know she can't read anymore because she can't see very
well. I met this preacher
           who told me about a parrot who could recite the entire Bible.

           It took ten preachers almost 8 years to teach him. I had
to pledge to contribute $50,000 a year for five years to the church,
but it was worth it. Mama only has to name the chapter and verse, and
the parrot will recite it."

           The other brothers were impressed. After the celebration
Mama sent out her Thank You notes.


           She wrote:

           "Milton, the house you built is so huge that I live in
only one room, but I have to clean the whole house. Thanks anyway."

           "Marvin, I am too old to travel. I stay home; I have my
groceries delivered, so I never use the Mercedes. The thought was
good".

           "Thanks.Michael, you gave me an expensive theater with
Dolby sound and it can hold 50 people, but all of my friends are dead,
I've lost my hearing, and I'm nearly
           blind. I'll never use it. Thank you for the gesture just the same."

           "Dearest Melvin, you were the only son to have the good
sense to give a little thought to your gift.  The chicken was
delicious. Thank you so much."

           Love,
           Mama





No comments:

Post a Comment